I read Ailsa’s travel theme for this week on Friday, but didn’t have time to put a post together. However, it spurned an ear worm. Ah, thanks? But before I give you the pop melody I couldn’t get out of my head for several hours, my photos of a place that says connections in a variety of ways:
To physical places:
To an audience:
For A Cause:
With Messages Understood by only some individuals or groups:
The Pensacola Graffiti Bridge, located at the 17th Ave rail crossing and Bayfront Parkway in Pensacola, Florida. It’s a 50-year tradition where local law enforcement looks the other way, so that artists, lovers, graffiti writers and anyone with a message can use the bridge and trestle to make connections via spray paint.
About that ear worm: When I thought “connection”, I found myself humming “I’ve gotta make a connection to you…”. Of course, the lyrics to the song are “I gotta get a message to you”. One of the songs from the soundtrack of my youth, though this performance was long after this was a hit. Hadn’t thought of this song in a few decades.
It’s not too late to play along. Everybody has a different idea of a “connection”. Post yours & then link up to Wheres My Backpack before Friday.
Here are some other interpretations:
- Travel Theme: Connection (judylesko.com)
- Travel Theme-Connections (woollymuses.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Connection (2far2shout.wordpress.com)
- Travel theme: Connections (sasieology.wordpress.com)
- Connections- Ailsa’s Weekly Travel Theme (vosperdruiter.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Connections (nwframeofmind.com)
- Travel Theme: Connections (ahecticlife.wordpress.com)
- 11-8-13 Travel Theme: Connections (quotidianhudsonriver.com)
- Trevel Theme: Connections (travelicius.wordpress.com)