I didn’t travel far for this week’s travel theme, hosted each week by Ailsa. Nor did I have to click my heels together three times to find simplicity in my own backyard.
“Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin”.
But flowers aren’t really that simple are they? Look closely to see nature’s complexities. Those small white dots are small spider eggs – a portrait of nature’s glory: interdependent, simple, beautiful.
Below is a different edit of the same photo because I couldn’t leave well enough alone. Tomorrow perhaps the lotus will bloom and I can observe again the simple and the complex in the bloom of a flower.
Have a photograph that represents Simplicity? Join the fun: post it and link to Ailsa’s blog, Where’s My Backpack. Here are links to just a few who are participating this week:
- 7-12-13 Travel Theme: Simplicity (quotidianhudsonriver.com)
- Travel Theme: Simplicity (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Simplicity (beyondpaisley.net)
- Travel Theme (Simplicity) (mrscarmichael.wordpress.com)
- Simplicity – Ailsa’s WTT (ouchmybackhurts.wordpress.com)
- Travel theme: Simplicity (lucidgypsy.wordpress.com)