The theme of this week’s WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge is UP. I’ve posted other variations of this photo (one I took last September), but this seemed like a good fit with today’s theme. I was experimenting with a technique where you make a photograph look like a pencil drawing and apply a tint. I’m not sure what I did incorrectly, but after following the instructions, it didn’t look like that at all. Not to let Photoshop get the best of me, I played around with lots of other filters and effects and ended up with the image below. Although I think it looks like it was drawn, it wasn’t the line drawing I had originally tried to produce. That’s okay though; I like it anyway.
Although you can’t tell from this, the lighthouse is several feet above the beach. I took the photo has I was walking back from the beach toward the lighthouse.
Ailsa’s travel theme a few months ago also was “UP”. As I got ready to post this, I remembered that post. It was a lighthouse too, also in Florida, but about a day’s drive further south. I like the look of the lighthouse in Pensacola better!
And how timely is this? This weekend is Florida Lighthouse Day. Being landlocked, I’m way too far away to visit any lighthouse, especially one in Florida, but at least I have photos of a few!
Be sure to check out what others have done for the weekly challenge. You’ll find them on the Daily Post. Here are a few of them:
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (thriftyfinn.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (lilymugford.com)
- 4-19-13 Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (quotidianhudsonriver.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (scottseyephotos.wordpress.com)
- WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (lensandpensbysally.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (sherrygaley.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up (Tree & Clouds) (skpfoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Up Again (lucidgypsy.wordpress.com)