This week’s photo challenge is Delicate. I love to photograph flowers because of their delicate appearance, even though many of them have rough edges and prickly bristles and thorns. I’ve had just such a flower, a Schlumbergera brigesii, commonly known as a Christmas Cactus, for a few days now. This week’s challenge gave me an opportunity to take some snaps of it.
I particularly like how the delicate flowers grow from a rough-looking stem.
I like the idea of soft delicate things with harder looking backgrounds. I tried to achieve that by layering some textures behind the image. I thought that there was too much of a contrasting edge between the flower and the background, so I applied a watercolor brush filter to it, hoping to soften the entire image without losing the soft/hard contrasting textures.
The result: Meh. Liked the concept, not the final product. May need to give this one another go some other time.
Be sure to check out what others have posted for this week’s photo challenge. Here are just a few; you’ll find more in the comments section on the Daily Post.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate (abdulmanafphotography.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate (yobynos.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate (joebeans2002.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate (Light) (chrisbreebaart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Delicate (staceycovell.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate (lifeof24hours.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate (milnersblog.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate (iamrcc716.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate (ohmsweetohmdotme.wordpress.com)
- Life is Delicate (tracyconstantinewriter.wordpress.com)