Ailsa’s theme this week is Circles. One doesn’t have to look for very long before one finds any geometric shape in nature. Circles are not excluded from that. Here are a few that I’ve photographed this fall:
Flowers, of course, are circular in nature. But, have you ever noticed how many circles comprise a blossom?
The rings of a tree seem both defined yet infinite.
Few tree trunks — not even segments of the trunk — are perfect circles, but we see circles in the trunk, the branches, seeds, stumps.
One might think of a mushroom as being like an umbrella, a parabolic shape. But sometimes they flatten out. The entire shape doesn’t need to be visible for us to see a circle.
Sometimes just an arc can make us see the complete circle. Then, again, some people can see anything in clouds. We are called dreamers.
Join others at Ailsa’s Where’s My Backpack? Travel Theme.
- Circles (thirdeyemom.com)
- Travel Theme – Circles (chittlechattle.com)
- Travel theme: Circles (ohmsweetohmdotme.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: CIRCLES (smartntrendymom.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Circles (imissmetoo.me)
- Travel theme: Circles (humantriumphant.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Circles (acrossthebored.com)
- Travel Theme: Circles (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- 12-7-12(11) – Travel Theme: Circles – Photo Challenge: Changing Seasons (quotidianhudsonriver.com)
- Weekly Travel Theme: Circles 12-08-2012 (politonomicsandtravel.wordpress.com)